Firstly, some good-to-know tips as you’re planning your event:
- Charters typically run for about 4 hours
- Charters ALWAYS include a captain and for parties above 6, a deckhand
- You can charter a barebone boat or ask for catering or BYO (bring your own food)
- Charter guests in nautical terms are souls and all souls are counted, regardless of age
- Yacht charter costs start at about $299 per hour (smaller 40 foot yachts and up) to about $1,000 an hour for 100 foot
- Yes, there are mid-week deals!
- Parties of under 6 souls do not need a boat with a Federal Coast Guard COI – all other parties do!
- A 3-4 hour charter will typically get you up and down the Hudson river from about 120th street to the Statue of Liberty and back at a nice relaxing pace.
- Yes, you can celebrate your wedding on a yacht!
Yacht Event Planner
We have a handy event planner you can use to put together all of the information you need!
COVID-19 Pandemic PSA
- Currently the max guest size is 20 for NJ and 25 for NYC
- There is a limit of 25% of FOI capacity – so a yacht with a 100 MAX can carry 20-25 guests, and a 200 MAX can carry 50
What do I need to know about booking a yacht?
- How many guests are in my party
- A flexible date range (weekends are very popular)
- Do I need catering or will I BYO
- Where do I want to start from – we have a list of Marina’s for NY and NJ
- How long do I want to go for – the average is about 4 hours and the minimum is usually 3 hours
Budget and Financial planning
What should my budget be?
We recommend a budget of about $4,000 – $5,000 for a party of 15-20 and with a full bar and catering about $6,000.
What deposits are required?
Deposits vary by yacht but usually 50% upfront. Gratuities are at 20%.